Several companies are offering discounts on their products over the weekend, including:
- Exlevel are selling GrowFX, their 3DS Max based tree modelling and animation software with a 50% discount. More information on their site.
- Craft Animations are offering 50% off all Craft Director Studio software. The discount is valid from Friday the 29th of November until Sunday night the 1st of December. More at CraftAnimations.com.
- CGriver are offering 20-60% discounts on model collections and software, including ZBrush, V-Ray, etc. More at CGriver.com.
- CGAxis are offering a 50% discount on model collections. More at CGAxis.com.
- Though not strictly speaking a Black Friday sale, XFrog continue to discount all their products by 50% until November 30. See Xfrog.com for more information.
- Furryball GPU renderer is 50% off on November 29 only, after this there will be a 40% discount until December 14 when it reverts back to full price. More on the Furryball website.
- Eat3D have a Thanksgiving sale with 35% off training DVDs and bundles. More on Eat3D.
- Vizpark are offering 25% off all products. More at Vizpark.
- Itoo Software are offering a 25% discount on 1 year licenses for RailClone Pro and Forest Pack Pro. More information at itoosoft.com
- On the 29th only, Evermotion are offering 50% off all collections (first 50 copies).
- 3D Total have a 10% discount on any product. Offer ends on Saturday 30 at 08:00 GMT.
- Hair Farm are offering a $300 discount on Hair Farm Professional December 2. The discount coupon can be found on their Facebook Page.
- Viz People, suppliers of 2D entourage, have 50% off their entire range.
- Marmoset are offering $10 on pre-orders or Toolbag 2 on December 2.
- A&G Tool Company have 40% off all orders of $50+USD on December 2.
- Design Connected have 40% off all models on 29 November.
- Di-O-Matic offer 50% off any Di-O-Matic product until Saturday 30, 2013. Enter the coupon code BlackFriday in your cart.
- 3D Coat has a Black Friday (only) offer of $100 off the Professional version.
- Red Giant have a 40% off sale for the next 24hs (sale ends 8am PST Nov 30), for the following software: Color Suite, Magic Bullet Looks, Colorista II, Denoiser II, Mojo and Cosmo. Use the online coupon code black40 at checkout.
- RayFire is being offered at a 25% discount.
- Steam offers Substance Designer commercial version at a 50% discount.
This post will be updated as more offers become available.
Piotr Kolus is lead 3d artist at Ars Thanea, and he recently shared a behind the scenes look at how he and his team created the Disney Vacation Club digital board game using Vray and 3DS Max. You can watch the full video on the Chaos Group Youtube channel.
Christoph Bülter and Johannes Becker have recently released ‘Sublime 3dsMax’. This plugin allows users to send MAXscript commands directly from the Sublime text editor to 3dsMax. Previously, when developing MAXscript tools in Sublime users would have to switch to 3ds Max and run the scripts manually. You can check out more information on this script on Christoph’s website.
Watch it on YouTube.
Allegorithmic announced the upcoming v4 release of its material creation software for authoring Substances. New features include a material layering workflow, support for physically-based shading and rendering, procedural weathering effects, etc. Read the release notes and watch a new features video on Allegorithmic’s website.
Thanks to the collaboration between Itoo Software and Laubwerk, updated Forest Pack and Laubwerk Player plugins allow for easy integration of Laubwerk Plants into Forest Pack 4.1.3 (or higher) with just one click. New features in Laubwerk’s Player plugin for 3DS Max include: [more...]
Bertrand Benoit is the latest prominent architectural visualisation artist to post some impressive tests with Corona Render, this time taking some existing scenes and re-shading them using Corona’s material system. See the results and read Bertrand’s thoughts on Corona on BBB3viz.
A nice tearing cloth test by FX artist Sam Hancock. Watch it on Vimeo. (Note: not created with Max)
The Foundry has released a number of preview videos showing new features in v8 of their compositing software. Watch them on YouTube: In Panel Color Wheels, Full Frame Viewer Mode and Wireframe Render & Shader.
Paris-based Motion Boutique, developers of Newton, have released two new free plugins for After Effects: TextBox creates a customizable rectangular shape behind every selected text layer, Paravent automates the animation of folding and unfolding layers. More on Motion Boutique’s site.
René Gimpel, developer of the software, has released all source code under GPL so that other stereoscopic researchers and/or professionals can build upon his existing work, and integrate/test new capabilities using the projective modeling environment. More on Gimpel3D’s site.