Wed Apr 2, 2014
Jennifer O'Connor, a long-time Max user, professor and author of the book "Mastering Mental Ray" has joined the Max development team as Senior User Experience Designer. More on Autodesk's Max Makers blog.
Related News:- Optimizing Mental Ray for quality and speed- Mastering Mental Ray for Design Visualization- New Mental Ray features in Max 2011
by Tobbe Olsson - April 2, 2014 7:08 pm
Her background according to her Linked-In profile is mostly design and architecture, a whopping 19 years at one firm. I hope there’s nothing to read into that for us VFX Max artists.
by Andy - April 2, 2014 8:26 pm
So maybe Jennifer representing archVIZ, Martin Coven for VFX and Tom Hudson pushing on the animation and tools end? (Push hard on the animation, Tom!!!) Could be they’re putting together a good cross-section of Max’s user base, like a Max House of Representatives, but hopefully less dysfunctional. :)
by Tobbe Olsson - April 3, 2014 2:37 am
Hope you are right!
by Maziar - April 3, 2014 2:54 am
^ Now if only they would put someone who is an all-around Max user in charge of the small but important stuff like upgrading /enhancing the modifiers(some of which haven’t been touched in decades) and different workflows like a better linking mechanism, etc.. Tom Hudson maybe?..
by MauricioPC - April 4, 2014 11:24 am
Its only me who thinks this is good news? I mean, at least they are spending money to improve Max and this is a good thing.
Has anybody tried Max 2015 yet? How good is it? I mean, I dont want to turn into a Maya user.
Leave a comment
* Name, Email (will not be published), Comment and Captcha code are required. Comments are moderated.
- Real Grass
- Phoenix FD 2.2 updated
- Syntheyes camera tracker adds voice control
- Ornatrix v3 preview video
- Sandy granular solver videos
- Fabric Software announces Splice for Max, visual programming in Fabric Engine
- EchOoo PRO
- Ornatrix v3 preview video - by Marsel Khadiyev (4)
- Caustic Visualizer for Maya end of life announced - by Nik Clark (6)
- Sandy granular solver videos - by Juang3d (1)
- Snow N-Painter - by clovis (4)
- Fabric Software announces Splice for Max, visual programming in Fabric Engine - by dave (3)
August 10-14 - Canada - SIGGRAPH 2014
Copyright ©2000-2014 MaxUnderground. All rights reserved. "Katedra" cover image is ©2003 Tomek Baginski, courtesy of the author and Platige Image.MU cube logo by John Martini.
About Us | Contact Us |
Contribute News | Advertise