Mon Mar 24, 2014
Tutorials > Texturing
A tutorial by Paul Neale on using a quick method for texturing objects. Watch it on YouTube.
Related News:- Reaction Manager substitute- Paul Neale interview (Interview)- Paul Neale interview (Interview)
by George R - March 24, 2014 6:09 pm
I’m actually making a plugin (texture map) that does this for you, so stay tuned!
by Thomas - March 24, 2014 8:53 pm
Uhm yes please! keep us updated! :D
by rs - March 25, 2014 3:16 am
That would be really great! So Neil and I will stop glorifying InstantUV after so many years :)
by George R - March 25, 2014 5:28 am
A bit more info:
- it will be free (i’m doing it as a learning excersise as much as anything).
- it will have a map and mask slot, where the mask with blend in overlay mode with the gradients.
- blend angle min, max.
- toggle for projection directions – xyz, corners, edges (chamfer a box to see what im talking about.
- a variation of the standard coordinates rollout, but restricted to explicit uvw’s and object space. If you choose explicit, it assumes its a planar projection otherwise it might look nuts.
- a future feature may be a modifier to do the projections as its a bit faster than doing it per-pixel in a map.
- I will probably release the source but only when I’m happy with it.
ETA will be at the end of this weekend unless something comes up, and initial release will be max2013 64bit only.
by rs - March 25, 2014 8:47 am
Way cool, just in case – here is the bible about the blended box technique: http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/blended_box_mapping/blended_box_mapping.htm
Good luck with the release, I’m looking forward!
by rs - April 15, 2014 4:38 am
Hi George, any news about your plugin? Hope you still plan to release it…
Leave a comment
* Name, Email (will not be published), Comment and Captcha code are required. Comments are moderated.
- OpenSubdiv Max implementation under development
- CPU render times in 3DS Max
- RealFlow 2014 tutorials
- RichDirt gallery updated
- Halo 2: Anniversary trailer
- PhotoModeler 2014.1
- Wrap 2.3
- Multi Mesher - by Michael Wentworth-Bell (2)
- OpenSubdiv Max implementation under development - by amek.ht (2)
- Houdini Engine for 3DS Max announced - by Scott M (10)
- Making crumpled paper from a plane - by nomad (10)
- Ornatrix v3 preview video - by MauricioPC (6)
August 10-14 - Canada - SIGGRAPH 2014
Copyright ©2000-2014 MaxUnderground. All rights reserved. "Katedra" cover image is ©2003 Tomek Baginski, courtesy of the author and Platige Image.MU cube logo by John Martini.
About Us | Contact Us |
Contribute News | Advertise