Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013
Terragen 3 released1 Comment
Planetside has released v3 of its landscape creation and rendering software, which brings some major updates. Feature highlights include:
- Comprehensive layer and render element output
- Enhanced 3D preview
- New fast high detail Global Illumination mode
- Significantly improved population control including per-instance editing and color variation
- Support for FBX and other industry-standard data interchange formats
- Significant performance enhancements for localized cloud rendering
- Object mesh deformation
- Content library for organizing and quickly accessing scene files, objects, and textures
- Enhanced DEM format and georeferencing support
- New spherical camera
- Fast Depth of Field blur
- Linux render node
- New shaders and node features, including Vortex Shader, and voronoi and 4D noise
Terragen 3 software line
Terragen 3 is available in Creative and Professional editions, both of which have optional animation features. A free non-commercial version is also available.
Terragen 3 Creative allows access to core Terragen 3 technology at an entry level price for artists and hobbyists on a lower budget. Terragen 3 Creative includes improved Global Illumination, new noise-free Depth of Field, a Content Library, enhanced 3D preview with textured model display mode and improved performance, and much more.
Terragen 3 Professional is the flagship product in the Terragen 3 lineup, with the most complete feature set and a full complement of professionally-oriented tools. Building on the core Terragen 3 features in Terragen 3 Creative, Terragen 3 Professional adds render layers and elements, a Linux render node, spherical camera, FBX import/export, accelerated cloud rendering options, and more. Terragen 3 Professional is a production-ready application, able to integrate quickly and easily into most visual effects pipelines.
To learn more about the core features of Terragen 3, visit:
For a complete comparison of Terragen 3 products, visit: http://planetside.co.uk/products/tg3-product-comparison
Source: Planetside Software