Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013
Unfold3D 80 Comments
New features in the latest version of Polygonal Design's UV unwrapping software include:
- New 64bit Unfolding core that can unwrap very big meshes (up to a million triangles).
- Major improvement for "dirty meshes" when importing OBJ. Now it solves complex topology errors and write them into the OBJ files at export.
- Multi UV grid Pack. Each island is packed into the underlying square.
- Multi UV grid Select. In island selection mode, a click into square label selects all islands inside the square.
- Multi UV grid Best Fit and Squarify. In island selection mode, the selected islands are best fitted / squared into the underlying square.
- Select Borders - will select each edges of the frontiers of selected islands.
- Select Similar Islands - will select other islands having the same topology.
- Align points - will align the selected points (no constraints).
- Parallelize/Verticalize/Horitalize edges - on selected edges (no constraints).
- Island Green Display - the green color now designates the islands that will be unfolded in the next click on "Unfold" button.
- Faster selection of edges (up to 20 times faster).
- The orientation of islands in 3D are kept in UV when Packing (see the packing options dialog).
More info and a sample video at Polygonal-Design.fr.