Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013
Blender 2.669 Comments
The latest version of the Blender Foundation's open source 3D software has been released, bringing dynamic topology sculpting and a new, more precise fluids solver. Read on for more.
New features in v2.66 include:
- Bullet physics library integrated into the editor and animation system
- Dynamic topology sculpting - a new sculpting mode that subdivides the mesh as needed, making it possible to sculpt complex shapes out of a simple mesh
- Cycles hair rendering
- Support for high pixel density displays
- Mesh cache modifier - allows to apply animation from external files onto a mesh
- New SPH particle fluids solver - a new particle fluids solver has been added that provides more physically-accurate simulations
More on Blender.org.