Posted Tue Jan 1, 2013
Forest Pack Pro 4.0.0 beta0 Comments
New features in Itoo Software's set of plugins for creating large extensions of trees and vegetation include:
- Added native support for additional render engines: Maxwell, Arion, Octane and Thea Render.
- Support for groups in Custom Objects - this mode is useful to scatter groups of plants, preserving their composition. For example, sets of flowers or grass.
- Added multi-select support. Now it is possible to edit or delete multiple items at once.
- Added lock aspect ratio button to Geometry->Width/Height.
- Geometry->Material is not longer a required parameter. If not defined, the material of the Custom Object is used.
- Forest automaterials are generated using random names, to avoid duplicates.
- Points-cloud now uses a simulated shading mode, to improve 3D look. Use the slider to define the shading factor.
- Added global and local density parameters for Points-cloud.
- Nested Forest objects (as clumps of grass) don't require to set anymore Render->Meshes mode (VRay and Mental Ray only)
- Custom Look-at targets, independent from the Camera.
- Added Density/Scale falloff curves by Slope.
- Added three creation modes: selection, random and sequence. These modes also works with the Creation Tools.
- Added Properties->SubItem. This index selects the subitem when Geometry List->Custom Object is a Group.
- "Add Items" remembers the last model and subItem selected.
- Added support for models organized in separate meshes or groups. Forest attachs all elements in a single mesh when importing.
- Commonly used options have been moved to the main window: Material handling, Merge/XRef, etc.
- Added render engine selector for libraries that support multiple materials (as HQ Plants).
Plus bug fixes. More on Itoo Software's forum.