Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012
Motiva RealPerception 1.06 Comments
Spain-based Motiva announced the release of RealPerception 1.0, a set of postproduction filters aimed at look design, mimicking effects produced by human perception, or that of cameras or photographic film.
The set of filters is divided into three packs:
- Pack 1: Watch video
- Realcamera - a camera simulation system with effects as color response curves measured over real life films, vignetting, chromatic aberration or silver retention (“bleachbypass”).
- Pack 2: Watch video
- RealDeep - implements an old trick used by Matisse and Picasso to generate perception of depth using object boundaries. It can also be used to generate atmospheric effects as haze that increments the volumetric sensation in the image.
- RealTonemap - used to simulate the luminic adaptation in a way you can control the camera exposure using simply controls or in a automatic way, instantly or with a delay (as the human eye does).
- RealDefocus - blurs the image in a realistic way with bokeh shapes.
- RealEdges - detects and fixes problematic edges from a 3D render system, bringing more natural images for the viewer.
Pack 3: Watch video
- RealStereo - generates stereoscopic images from a single render and its depth pass (z-depth). This effect can produce a large variety of output modes like side-by-side for tv/screens 3d, vertical/horizontal/checker interlaced, as well as several anaglyph modes including our novel “Coherent Perception”, that tries to maximize the color perception while it preserves the luma transmission and avoids the retinal rivalry producing more pleasant images to be seen and minimizes the eyestrain. Some examples can be seen in our “stereo 3d” gallery.
- RealStereoCombiner - used to generate the same output modes from a stereoscopic image pair.
- RealMove - fakes movements from a single frame and its “z-depth”.
The plugins are in OFX format, making them compatible with major compositing and editing tools, such as Eyeon Fusion, Nuke, Autodesk Composite, Assimilate Scratch, Sony Vegas, etc. Motiva are selling them at a 35% discount before January 15th. More on Motiva's website.