Wed Sep 19, 2012
An article by CG artist and software designer Peter Plantec. Interesting comments on the issue have been posted at the end of the article. Head over to Studio Daily for more.
Related News:- The Evolution of the 3D Industry Panel: Who will survive?- A Life Less Sedentary: CG Artist Health- Peter Molyneux interview (Interview)
by Igor Posavec - September 19, 2012 4:22 pm
ha, it is funny to see the news line-up on MU:
1) VFX industry is in a deep s*** (what we all know since months)
2) Hobbit Trailer (a VFX Orgy)
3) XYZ Companies share for free hundreds of 3d cars, 3D trees, 3D people, whatever for VFX productions…
If i would be a psychologist and this my patient, I would create an interesting profile for his terrible disease.
by Pablo Hadis - September 19, 2012 4:44 pm
Maybe it’s time to call the CG ambulance. :-)
by thierry - September 20, 2012 1:25 am
Very healthy, in …. China and India.
by JohnnyRand - September 20, 2012 12:45 pm
“Houses that used to get jobs with enough overhead and profit to survive can no longer do that. Their people are too expensive, their overhead is too high, and in many cases their management team has little or no training in business. ”
More like the bids are too low in order to beat out neighboring FX houses for the job. That “people too expensive” that is a load of bull, on set people make as much or more than most VFX people.
Leave a comment
* Name, Email (will not be published), Comment and Captcha code are required. Comments are moderated.
- Adrien Rollet’s FX reel 2013
- Creating and old wall
- Octane Render review
- SIGGRAPH 2013 technical papers video preview
- Unity mobile free for IOS and Android developers
- Sketchup Pro 2013 released
- Stoke MX webinar videos now online
- Octane Render review - by dave (4)
- Creating a popping popcorn animation with Particle Flow - by nickolay411 (1)
- Latest NVIDIA realtime demo available - by PunkNoMore (3)
- Implicit skinning - by SuperRune (6)
- 3DS Max 2014 features revealed - by elgin (47)
May 24 - Germany - Powersession new releases presentation (starts tomorrow)
June 9-11 - US - Collider digital production conference
June 27-28 - The Netherlands - End User Event 2013
Copyright ©2000-2013 MaxUnderground. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property
of their respective owners. "Katedra" cover image is ©2003 Tomek Baginski, courtesy of the author and Platige Image.
About Us | Contact Us |
Contribute News | Advertise