Posted Mon Aug 6, 2012
Mari 1.5 released0 Comments
New features in The Foundry's 3D texture painting software include:
- Overlapping UVs - save time with new support for overlapping UVs that allows the same texture to be re-used across 3D models in shared UV space.
- Shadow Support - Mari's new shadow support lets you cast real-time shadows on objects from multiple light sources, increasing the realism of the render and allowing you to see the impact of lighting on textures.
- DDS Cubemap Support - create environment effects and accurately match the final look of assets with new cube map support.
- Mirroring in the Paint Buffer - paint symmetrical objects faster with new mirroring support in Mari’s paint buffer.
- Normal Mapping functionality - paint normal maps on the fly from bump maps.
- Photoshop ABR brush import - import custom brushes from Photoshop and Mari remembers them, letting you paint freely with the familiar tools you know.
- Luminosity paint through - get results faster with Mari’s new Luminosity paint through mode, letting you move from luminosity to alpha, adding live transparencies quickly and easily without having to jump back and forth from Photoshop.
- Maya Texture Export - Seamlessly handle patch-based textures with new Maya texture export functionality.
More on The Foundry's website.