Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012
ZBrush 4R4 is out0 Comments
Pixologic released another notable update to its sculpting, painting and detailing software. New features include:
- Insert Multi Mesh Brushes - combine entire libraries of objects into a single brush.
- Tri Part Multi Mesh Brushes - use PolyGroups to define end cap objects along with a middle segment. Facilitates the building of chains, zippers and other complex shapes.
- QRemesher Alpha - automatic quad-based retopology for full or partial models, including Curve Guide and density control features.
- Topology Brush - provides manual control over topology creation for those times when you wish to re-topologize your work with precision.
- Mesh Fusion - swaps part of your model's surface with another piece of topology, automatically bridging the polygons to maintain a seamless mesh.
- Reference Images can now be applied to the ZBrush Grids.
- Undo History - ZBrush can now store almost all of your creative steps in its new Undo History. Up to 10,000 levels of undo history without impacting your computer's memory needs.
- TransPose enhancements.
- DynaMesh enhancements - offers increased resolution and the capability to combine SubTools using DynaMesh, even defining specific SubTools as negative volumes.
- Plus many small improvements.
More at Pixologic and the ZBrushCentral.