Posted Mon Jun 18, 2012
Maxwell Render Suite 2.70 Comments
New features in Next Limit's renderer include:
- Grass - The Maxwell Render grass generator allows you to quickly create grass on a selected piece of geometry. It's designed to offer fine control over the look of the grass, from close up shots to fast-rendering further away from the camera.
- MXS/MXI compression - Especially useful when rendering additional channels such as alpha, shadows or ID's. With all channels activated, the MXI file can be 4x smaller. The compression system does not affect save performance more than 1-2%.
- Anamorphic Bokeh - This new option allows you to get a non-uniform bokeh shape, typical when you use an anamorphic lens on a real camera.
- Fluids blend material - When you load more than one particle sequence into the same MaxwellMesher object (to be meshed together), you can now give each fluid a distinct look, by using just one multi-layered material. These distinct fluid material layers can even be blended in the transition between two fluids.
- New 3D vector displacement type for RealFlow displacement.
- Support for non-bin particles vastly extended.
- Various network rendering improvements - "Send dependencies" option can be unchecked now in Batch mod, added a preference to choose the behavior of the application when closing the window (minimize to tray/exit), the application prevents the system to enter automatically in sleep mode.
Maxwell Studio / MXED
- Support for grass modifiers.
- Improvements in display performance and stability.
- Support for custom anamorphic bokeh in the cameras parameter.
- Support for overriding visibility flags in references.
- Improved routines to find missing dependencies.
- Faster startup.
More at Next Limit.